Landscaping can be unique and interesting all winter long, but this late in the year, it’s all about the holidays. Looking for some new and exciting ways to light up your landscape? Then you’ve come to the right people. At Four Seasons Landscaping, we’re big on festivities and more than happy to impart a bit of insight.
Have a question or looking for a professional landscaping team to help you this year? Contact Four Seasons Landscaping online or call (240) 252-4807!
Lighting for a Good Holiday Landscape
Part of the spirit of the season is finding new and exciting toys and fixtures. So we’ll let you do some of your own exploring in that regard. Instead, let’s focus on concepts and design options:
- Don’t ignore the foreground – One of the biggest mistakes we see in holiday lighting (although mistake might be too harsh a term — decorating is somewhat subjective, after all) is only lighting the house itself. Sticking to the traditional roof and door lighting is a good standby, but if you don’t light the rest of your yard, your home looks less like a festive hub of joy.
- Shine with path lighting – Creative path and driveway lighting is an excellent way to get some life into the rest of your landscape. Strands threaded into path decorations, paper luminary bags, little lit-up snowmen — you decide!
- Light up the night with tree lighting – Whether you’re into Christmas specifically or not, there’s no denying the iconic nature of lit trees this time of year. But a lit tree need not be a pine or conifer! Adding globe lights or LED strands to a tree can make a big difference in your landscape’s overall look this year.
- Make your door inviting – You’ll be welcoming guests and family all season long, so make sure the way they enter your home is particularly appealing. Note: We do not recommend turning your entry into a circus. Tasteful, light framing of the door and icicle lights hanging from the porch can give you that great wonderland feel.
Quick Holiday Safety Tips
The fastest way to ruin any holiday, injuries can be a real threat when hanging holiday lights. Consider these when you start decorating this year:
- Use LED lights – Light emitting diodes use a tenth of the energy of a traditional lightbulb, and they generate no heat. That means less risk of your wreath becoming kindling or your awning going up in unfortunate flames. Plus, they’re cheaper to run!
- Get a solid ladder – The importance of a solid ladder cannot be stressed enough. Get one that anchors solidly to the ground that’s tall enough.
- Employ light anchors – Staples and nails not only mark up your roof and damage a good paint job, but they’re also a pain to take out at year’s end. Light hooks or lighting anchors are faster, safer, cheaper, and can be reused every year.
Happy Holidays From Four Seasons Landscaping in Maryland!
We’re all looking forward to the holiday season this year, and we hope you enjoy yours as well!
If you find yourself in need of outdoor lighting solutions, new landscaping design, or anything else at all, give us a call at (240) 252-4807 or contact us online!