Whether you are building a new home and need to install a driveway or your current driveway looks like it is falling apart, taking a look at permeable paver driveways might save you some money and help keep dirty water runoff from going into the water treatment systems and spreading pollution.
You have many options for driveways—you can choose to do concrete, gravel, dirt, asphalt, and many other materials. It all comes down to what your expectations for price, longevity, and look are. At Four Seasons Landscaping, we highly recommend permeable paver driveways because they can be less expensive and are great for the environment compared to non-permeable options like concrete and asphalt.
Types of Permeable Paver Driveways
One of the best things about paver driveways is the many options available for you to choose from! If you aren’t sure what the best paver for your driveway is, you can check out a driveway gallery for ideas. You can choose from these types of pavers:
- Natural stone
- Porous concrete
Advantages to Installing a Permeable Paver Driveway in Frederick, MD & Surrounding Areas
There are many benefits to installing a permeable paver driveway for your home or business.
- A self-draining system – This reduces puddles and slippery surfaces on the driveway because the water can’t sit on the driveway.
- Better water quality – The permeable paver driveways are meant to let water soak through and head to the underground water system—it won’t have to run through the streets collecting leaves, dirt, sticks, and garbage left on the street. The water is cleaner and reduces water pollution.
- Versatile – You have so many options to choose from; therefore, the design of your driveway is almost limitless. You can have herringbone bricks in your driveway or beautiful limestone. You can match any aesthetic you want for your home.
- Durable – Pavers are notorious for being strong and easy to fix. The pavers last years and can hold the weight of a firetruck without breaking. And, if one of the stones ends up cracking, you only have to replace the one part; you don’t have to dig up the entire driveway like you would for concrete or asphalt.
Disadvantages of Permeable Paver Driveways
Permeable paver driveways are environmentally friendly, beautiful, and easy to repair. However, there are a few disadvantages that could come along with installing a paver driveway at your home.
- Maintenance – This is something that happens with any paver driveway. You might need to sweep or clean it up a few times a year, but this is minor.
- Sloped Driveways – If you have a driveway that slopes more than 20%, the paver stones are not going to be even and will be difficult to install.
- Higher installation price – It costs a little more to install the permeable pavers, but they save you money in the long run because of the easy repairs and longevity of the driveway.
Schedule Your Permeable Paver Driveway Installation in Frederick, MD & Surrounding Areas Today
Permeable paver driveways are an excellent way to save the environment and have a long-lasting, beautiful driveway! Four Seasons Landscaping has been installing paver driveways, patios, walls, and steps and providing landscape services for over a decade. We can help you choose the best paver design for your home and can answer any questions you might have about the process or the final design for the project.
Call 240-252-4807 or contact us online to schedule your permeable paver driveway installation in Maryland today!