Four Seasons Landscaping is happy to report that fall is officially in full-swing here in Maryland, and with it comes gorgeous colors and a slew of exceptional landscaping options. Considering a splash of something new for your dream landscape this season? Our experts have concocted a list of some of our favorite front yard landscaping ideas, guaranteed to make your front lawn gorgeous!
Gorgeous Fall Greenery
Our zone boasts an exceptional collection of beautiful fall-blooming plants, trees and flowers. Some of our personal favorites include:
- Aster (Asternovae-angliae). Asters are a versatile flower that continues to bloom even deep into late fall. They come in a great variety of beautiful colors, from blues to pinks, and are sure to fit in with any dream garden design.
- Goldenrod (Solidago rugosa). Practically a given for any fall garden, Goldenrod provides gorgeous golden chutes of flowering stalks to your garden space. Their size and shape belie a hardiness that is more than a match for early fall snap chills, and they maintain practically year-round!
- Russian Sage (Perovskia atriplicifolia). Russian Sage appears fairly similar to a traditional lavender, showing beautiful light blues and purples on sturdy, silvery foliage. They provide not only a unique color solution, but a great scent as well.
- YoshinoCherry (Prunus × yedoensis). This cherry blossom hybrid is seen worldwide in temperate zones like our own, and for no small reason. No other tree provides such fleetingly gorgeous blooms, peeking fully in the fall.
Practical Pointers for Front Yard Landscaping in the Fall
Let it be known that Four Seasons isn’t only concerned with providing gorgeous fall front yard landscaping ideas. We also like to keep a mind for the practical aspects of landscaping, and would urge you to consider:
- Fall mulching. If you use mulch in your garden (or would like to!), consider fresh mulching just as fall is settling in. This will keep your gorgeous garden plants happy and allow them to retain much needed moisture in the drier, cool fall months.
- Clearing your yard. The idea that pruning in the fall is an unfortunate misnomer, as it runs the risk of killing your trees and plants. However, clearing out dead, dying or soon-to-be-deceased plants is a wonderful idea. This keeps them from cluttering your yard with twiggy, unattractive plants, and ensures you have space for plants more suited to fall or winter weather.
Front Yard Landscaping Ideas with Four Seasons Landscaping
It is the absolute wish of our experts that you enjoy the landscape you both dream of and deserve this fall season. We are here to help you achieve this, and bring the absolute best in landscaping services in Maryland. Contact our experts today to learn more, or continue to keep up with our blog for more great front yard landscaping ideas!