With the coming of fall, your neighborhood sees a variety of color and vibrancy that matches summer, but brings a unique feel all its own. Halloween is an exciting time for the professionals at Four Seasons Landscaping, bringing unique and gorgeous fresh designs and ideas to our door. We wanted to share a few of our favorites, and hopefully they will serve to inspire you, as they have our team!
Exciting Landscaping Ideas for Halloween
Fall brings us a whole new pallet, bringing new splashes of color and design unseen for the rest of the year. We encourage you to play with some of these exciting landscaping ideas this year.
- Pumpkin wonderland. Of course, we absolutely must bring up this Halloween staple. But keep in mind, you don’t have to stick with the plain old traditional oranges. Pumpkins come in plenty of other colors, including greens and whites. Beyond that, each and every squash is a little blank canvas! Play with designs and ideas, and don’t just stick to silly faces (But do a few, because they’re fun!). There are loads of great carving ideas out there. Get creative!
- Plant fall perennials. The oranges, browns and yellows that are typical of the fall can build a gorgeous dream landscape for sure. But you aren’t grounded to these colors or none at all. Many plants that flourish in the fall provide excellent and unique color to your late-season garden. Consider using Sedum, Caryopteris or even Helenium (Similar to the gorgeous coneflower) to make a real statement this Halloween season.
- Variety is key. If you take a stroll around your neighborhood, you may notice a particular trend amongst your peers. Many Halloween decorations are cute, but not very interesting. The same two to three colors, the same spooky ghosts and skeletons, and twenty pumpkins that all look like clones of each other.
- Build your own. When considering your Halloween design, utilize variety of color, shape and size to maximize your visual appeal. Avoid purchasing decorations at a local store! Everyone is doing it, and you’ll be left with the exact same setup as your neighbors. Instead, try your hand at some crafts, creating fixtures unique to your home alone.
- Go bold. Many landscape designs trend toward a unified and cohesive appearance. For most of the year, this provides an eye-pleasing and relaxing setting for you and your family to relax. But with Halloween, we would suggest turning your usual on its head. Not gaudy, of course, but bold is good! Use bright color, busier designs and new arrangements to make your landscape pop!
Landscaping Ideas with Four Seasons
Our team of landscaping and design experts have been proudly serving the Maryland area for years, and strive to bring you everything you need to create the landscape of your dreams. Contact us to learn more about how we can build the garden you’ve always wanted, and for more great landscaping ideas, keep an eye on our blog!