After a long winter, who else is ready to lounge by the pool and soak up some rays? Well, before you can do that, you have to open up your pool for summer! Previously, we discussed how to shut down your pool for the winter—now let’s open it back up!
Open Your Pool in Seven Easy Steps
Opening your pool isn’t too hard—in just part of an afternoon, you’ll be ready for the warmer months! Just use this handy guide, and you’ll be good to go. Other than the standard pool equipment that comes with your pool, all you’ll need for this process is standard pool chemicals and a water test kit.
- Remove the pool cover. Be sure to drain any water that has collected in the cover and clear the debris prior to removing the cover.
- Reconnect pool equipment. If you turned off the power breaker to the pool pump and heater, reset the circuit prior to reconnecting the equipment. Reattach all filtration hoses and open the valves. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for your pump filter! Also be sure to lubricate your O-rings with a water-based lubricant.
- Add water until 75 percent of the skimmer is covered.
- Clean the pool. Make sure you properly prime the pump before starting. Use a pool vacuum and allow the skimmer to work for a few hours.
- Adjust the pH and alkalinity levels. The pH levels must be between 7.2 and 7.6. Alkalinity should be between 80 to 120 parts per million.
- Shock your pool to treat water. Follow the instructions—they vary slightly between brands of chemicals. Typically, they require 1 pound per 10,000 gallons of water.
- Adjust chlorine to standard levels. Chlorine should be between 1 and 3 parts per million.
Once you’ve followed these steps, you should be good to go!
Pool Deck Landscaping in Maryland
How satisfied with your pool area are you? If you act now, we can fully renovate your current space before pool season starts. Four Seasons offers pool deck landscaping that will help transform your pool deck into the talk of the neighborhood. Whether you want to install a tiered sitting area, or simply want to install some plants for a lagoon feel, Four Seasons’ expert landscape architects can help you achieve your vision. Contact Four Seasons today!