Considering a new landscape design for your yard? Undoubtedly you’re wondering if landscaping is a good investment. The short answer is yes—landscaping can provide a good return on investment, not to mention it enhances the appearance of your home.
Outdoor living is becoming an even larger trend among homeowners. It continues to increase in popularity—and with good reason! Outdoor living spaces can improve both the functionality and aesthetic of your yard and it allows you to enjoy your home in new ways.
Add Value to Your Home with Exterior Makeovers
Many exterior projects—such as entry and garage door replacement, siding replacement, etc.—can raise the value of your home. But landscaping is also a great investment! Landscaping can:
- Bring a 20 – 30 percent return on investment to the value of your home
- Increase your home’s curb appeal
- Reduce the time a house stays on the market
- Raise the value of your home—patios can increase property values by as much as 12.6 percent (according to RealEstate.com)
- Bring in more money for your home sale—potential home buyers will pay up to about 11 percent above the asking price for homes with attractive, thoughtful landscaping
According to the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA), 5 percent investment in landscaping can raise the value of a home by 15 percent and it’s suggested to invest approximately 10 percent of the value of the property in landscaping. Just make sure you avoid common landscape design mistakes! Fortunately, with the right landscape company, avoiding mistakes is easy. Experienced landscapers will be able to give you the best tips for raising the curb appeal and value of your home.
Landscaping with Four Seasons
Not only does Four Seasons bring a lot of experience to the table (we’ve been in the business for more than 10 years), but we also:
- Are insured and licensed
- Have our own nursery where you can pick out the actual plants you want for your yard
- Offer an unmatched 5-five year warranty on all hardscape installations
We also offer a variety of landscaping services to help you enhance not only the value of your home but also the functionality and enjoyment of your outdoor living space. From patios to outdoor fireplaces to outdoor lighting—and much more—we do it all and help homeowners all over the Montgomery County, Maryland area.
Contact us to learn more about how landscaping is a good investment or if you’re ready for a new landscape design. Click below to schedule a free consultation!