At Four Seasons Landscaping, it’s a part of our job (one of our favorite parts, in fact) to stay on top of the latest trends and movements in the landscaping scene. Garden and landscape design moves nearly as quickly as fashion, and it can be hard to keep up. And as a homeowner, it’s hard to separate trends from the kooky ideas and wild decisions you find in magazines or on social media.
Luckily for you, we work very hard to be the best at what we do. Four Seasons comes to you today with some fresh and exciting new ideas, the latest trends flagged for 2016, and a little piece of our own minds to boot!
What’s Trending in Landscape Design in 2016?
2016 looks to be cycling in some classic concepts, but we’re seeing some new twists:
- Statements in color. Landscape design has had a rapidly growing relationship with color for years and years. But what’s interesting this year is that the color seems to be aiming more for hardscape than the flora. Discarding the white pickets and standard stone of the past, many are turning to colorful fences, ornate sculptures and visually intriguing structures.
- Keeping it homey. Making great use of zone-appropriate plants has risen in popularity recently. This means less exotic plants, and more plants that are natural to your specific region. Landscape designers (Four Seasons included) have been working very well at incorporating native plant life into new and unique patterns. We even have our own nursery where we cultivate only the best plants and flowers.
- Interior comfort, exterior applications. Through various sources, including technology, new applications, and old inspirations, many designs have turned to utilizing the landscape for things you would normally find indoors. Outdoor kitchens, fire pits and meeting areas have become extremely prevalent of late, and signs point to their popularity continuing to grow.
- Simple fantasy. Creating a natural, woodlands-style design can be a great way to frame your home. This style pays attention to accentuating the natural beauty of your space, while staying simple and clean, which plays very well to Maryland landscapes.
- More modern. Feel like simplicity is a bit too quaint for your tastes? That’s fine too, because technology-heavy “modern” styles are going to see a huge increase this year. Fantastic water features, lighting and modern design are all becoming more and more popular, and more easily acquired.
Our Thoughts on Landscape Design Trends
Learning and keeping up with trends is a great way to breathe new life into your landscape, and revitalize your love for design. With that said, we would like to add that trends are transient. We would urge you to use trends as inspiration, and not to treat them like a rule. It is always our greatest wish to bring you a landscape design that is part of your personal dream.
Look out for cool ideas, and appreciate the exciting ideas gardeners and designers share. And make them your own. Let Four Seasons assist you in creating a landscape you love, and one that reflects your unique personality! Want to learn more about how Four Seasons can help you in building your dreams? Visit us any time online!