Just because summer is over doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy spending time in your backyard…especially if you have a beautiful patio! A raised flagstone patio is the perfect choice for any kind of yard, no matter the shape, size or landscape (completely flat yards, yards on a hill, etc.)! If you want a raised flagstone patio, contact the Maryland expert landscape designers at Four Seasons today.
Benefits of Raised Patios
Raised patios are just what they sound like – patios that are raised above ground level! A raised patio can be elevated either a few inches off the ground or several feet, just like a deck. A raised flagstone patio has several distinct advantages, including:
• Incredible durability – your raised flagstone patio won’t rot or decay and will look beautiful (with minimal maintenance) for a long, long time
• High versatility – with steps and multiple levels, raised flagstone patios are extremely versatile, offering a countless number of designs and styles.
• Eliminating need for railings – unlike a deck, a raised flagstone patio doesn’t need railings – in fact, retaining walls (great for hilly yards) or large potted plants around the edges of the patio are more common. Raised flagstone patios even look good with no retaining walls. They have a nice, open look, which can give your yard a larger, more spacious feel!
• Maximized functionality – if your backyard is on a slope, don’t feel limited in your landscape design options! A raised flagstone patio is truly ideal. It can turn a hard-to-use space into a level area that is great for entertaining guests or relaxing on a beautiful day!
It doesn’t end there! Raised flagstone patios offer even more benefits!
Why Get a Raised Flagstone Patio?
Your raised flagstone patio will be:
• Extremely low-maintenance – you don’t need to stain the stones and flagstone requires virtually no maintenance – to clean it, just give it a good sweep
• Fairly easy to repair – because stone patios can be fixed one block at a time, repairs tend to be moderately simple – for you DIYers out there, this is especially beneficial!
• Attractive no matter what your home or yard looks like – with its natural beauty, flagstone complements any style of home and looks great in any type of yard
It doesn’t get much better than a raised flagstone patio! Whether you want a fancy raised flagstone patio, complete with stairs, two levels, potted plants and an outdoor fireplace or a simpler raised flagstone patio with a retaining wall and some wrought iron chairs, Four Seasons can make it happen.
For more information on raised flagstone designs and installation in Maryland, contact us today!