Landscaped Ponds, Waterfalls & Water Garden Features in Maryland, DC & Northern VA
When you think of ultimate relaxation, does your mind go to a peaceful retreat with a brook and a backyard waterfall? Or maybe you’re picturing a verdant, serene water garden with lotus flowers and koi? Landscaped ponds, waterfalls, and water fountains can transform your yard into that relaxing paradise you’ve been dreaming of.
At Four Seasons Landscaping, we can make these dreams a reality. We have been adding custom water features such as ponds and waterfalls to yards throughout the Montgomery County, Maryland area for nearly 20 years.
Ready to transform your yard into a lush water garden? Contact the landscaping experts at Four Seasons Landscaping today by calling 240-252-4807!
Don’t forget to check out our water feature photo gallery.
Landscaped Waterfall & Pond Installation
Don’t have the space for a full pond with a waterfall? We can also install a pondless waterfall. Whatever type of waterfall and pond you have in mind, we can make it happen. Have an extravagant landscape in mind? A winding waterfall with moss-covered boulders and surrounding plants will be sure to impress your friends and family. Want a quiet, tranquil place to relax? A smaller landscaped waterfall works well.
Not sure what kind of waterfall or pond will work best with your yard? Four Seasons Landscaping has you covered. If you have a naturally sloping landscape, that’s great—if not, that’s okay, too! We will help you, from design to installation and beyond.
We can also dig out ponds in all shapes and sizes and provide pond lining work, as well as pump, filter, and skimmer installation. We will make sure to create the perfect environment for fish, turtles, frogs, and other animals.
When considering where to put your new waterfall of landscaped pond, consider the following:
- Visual interest: You don’t want your water feature to be boring. Don’t keep everything completely uniform—get rocks and boulders of different sizes and colors or add colorful plants and even wildlife like koi to your pond.
- View and surroundings: Make sure to put your waterfall somewhere that you have access to viewing it. Don’t obstruct the view with overhanging trees, shrubbery, etc. You may even want to put a nice sitting area next to the landscaped water feature.
- Ground condition: Ideal conditions for backyard waterfalls and ponds are level areas that don’t present any drainage problems. Avoid putting the waterfall in a low area that is prone to flooding during heavy rains. If you don’t have any drainage available for your pond, it could quickly become clouded and dirty.
- Small details: For example, are you going to incorporate plants in your landscape waterfall design? Make sure your backyard waterfall will be in a spot that receives a lot of sun exposure.
Because the Washington, DC, and surrounding Maryland and Virginia suburbs are in a climate that sees freezing temperatures during the colder months, we are careful with our installations to help ensure your new waterfall, pond, or water feature won’t be damaged during the sometimes harsh winter. Our installation process is methodical and carefully planned, and we only use the best materials. If you ever need upkeep or repairs on your waterfall or pond, just give us a call and we’ll help set everything right.
Koi Ponds, Outdoor Garden Fountains, Pondless Waterfalls & Other Water Features
Whether you want a pondless waterfall, an outdoor garden fountain, or a lush water garden in your backyard, you can trust Four Seasons to design and install the water feature of your dreams. We can install:
- Natural-looking waterfalls using river rocks and lush plantings
- Complex bronze or stone outdoor water fountains in a variety of shapes and sizes
- Koi ponds
- Pondless waterfalls
- Modern, artistically designed water sculptures
- Water gardens with lilies, ferns, lotus flowers, water hyacinth, and more!
- Waterfalls that flow into a landscaped pool or swimming area
Adding water features to your yard such as landscaped ponds, waterfalls, or fountains can help create a unique environment that is both peaceful and tranquil. Installing a water garden won’t just benefit you—it will also help the environment. Installing a pond or waterfall will help support the ecosystem in your neighborhood and attract natural wildlife. Whether you want a relaxing space or a backyard that is perfect for entertaining, outdoor water features can help you achieve the look you want.
Install Outdoor Water Features in Montgomery County, MD
Our popular ponds and waterfalls (and other water features) are decorated with mixed river rock and lush plantings to create a Zen-like retreat in your own backyard. Four Seasons was recently featured in Chesapeake Home + Living magazine for our superior work building and landscaping water features.
Our ponds, waterfalls, and water gardens complement any design and lifestyle, and we can install your favorite water feature, adding the perfect relaxing retreat to your yard.
To install a landscaped pond or waterfall at your Maryland home, contact Four Seasons Landscaping or call 240-252-4807 today!