A sloped or hilly yard doesn’t mean you can’t have a dream landscape—install a retaining wall! From building a gorgeous terrace to crafting the perfect garden edging, Four Seasons is Columbia’s Maryland’s go-to for retaining walls, and has been for more than 10 years.
Custom retaining walls don’t just add something extra to your landscape; they help preserve it as well by preventing erosion. What are you waiting for? If your yard is missing something, contact Columbia’s favorite retaining wall builders at Four Seasons. Don’t forget to have a peek at our completed retaining wall projects in our photo gallery!
Why Install a Retaining Wall?
There are many reasons to install a retaining wall in Columbia, including:
- Preventing erosion: retaining walls are designed to support changes in elevation on your property and to prevent soil from slipping.
- Landscape stability: sometimes builders and landscapers will use retaining walls to help build infrastructural stability around your home.
- Aesthetic reasons: retaining walls can also be installed for purely aesthetic reasons such as accentuating tiered landscaping.
- Functionality of an outdoor space: retaining walls can provide extra usable space where you can set up an outdoor table and chair set, a swing or even an additional small garden.
Your slope or hill is only as good as your retaining wall, so we pay special attention to the little details, particularly drainage and freeze–thaw cycles, to make sure that your retaining walls will last for years to come. Not only can you expect a high quality design from Four Seasons, but our artisans are the best when it comes to installing your retaining walls the right way. We are so confident in the superior quality of our retaining walls that we offer an industry-leading seven year guarantee.
Schedule your appointment for a retaining wall consultation today! One of our experts will come to your home and have a look at your problem area. We’ll make recommendations based on years of building retaining walls, and have yours built quickly and painlessly!
Retaining Wall Design
Modular block, or segmental block, retaining walls are very common—in fact you’ve probably seen one in your friend’s or neighbor’s yard! These types of retaining walls consist of masonry units that are placed without mortar and rely on interlocking to prevent sliding and overturning.
Compared to other types of retaining walls, segmental block retaining walls are:
- A cost-effective choice for homeowners
- Available in a variety of sizes, shapes, textures, and colors, providing more aesthetic flexibility
- Long-lasting (they’re resistant to insect damage, rotting, freeze-thaw cycle effects, etc.)
Types of Retaining Wall Blocks We Use in Columbia
One of the best things about building retaining walls is that the options are almost endless. Retaining walls in Columbia can be designed with a variety of different materials, including versatile and colorful segmented blocks or handsome and rustic natural stone. You can use old railroad ties, natural stone, and even concrete! We install both stone and modular block retaining walls, including:
- Natural Stone
- And more!
Columbia, MD Retaining Walls from Four Seasons
We’ll tackle your retaining wall no matter what kind it is. We’ll work with you to make sure you get exactly what you’re looking for, and also make sure your landscape is fully prepared for the rainy season. If you want a retaining wall for your yard in the Columbia, Maryland area, contact the professionals at Four Seasons today!