Is there something missing from your landscape? Chances are, it’s a retaining wall. Ellicott City has tons of beautiful real estate, but erosion is a problem everywhere—not just in hilly areas. Fortunately, retaining walls are the perfect solution not just for erosion prevention, but also for garden edging, terraced landscaping, and pool features.
A retaining wall is also a great feature to add for aesthetic reasons. If you’re interested in installing a custom retaining wall in your yard in Ellicott City, Maryland, Four Seasons can help. For more than 10 years, we’ve been installing retaining walls for homeowners all over the Ellicott City area!
Don’t forget to have a peek at our completed retaining wall projects in our photo gallery!
Why Install a Retaining Wall?
Retaining walls aren’t just for hills! There are many reasons to install a retaining wall in Ellicott City, including:
- Preventing erosion: retaining walls are designed to support changes in elevation on your property and to prevent soil from slipping.
- Landscape stability: sometimes builders and landscapers will use retaining walls to help build infrastructural stability around your home.
- Aesthetic reasons: retaining walls can also be installed for purely aesthetic reasons such as accentuating tiered landscaping.
- Functionality of an outdoor space: retaining walls can provide extra usable space where you can set up an outdoor table and chair set, a swing or even an additional small garden.
Your slope or hill is only as good as your retaining wall, so we pay special attention to the little details, particularly drainage and freeze–thaw cycles, to make sure that your retaining walls will last for years to come. Not only can you expect a high quality design from Four Seasons, but our artisans are the best when it comes to installing your retaining walls the right way. We are so confident in the superior quality of our retaining walls that we offer an industry-leading seven year guarantee.
Schedule your appointment for a retaining wall consultation today! One of our experts will come to your home and have a look at your problem area. We’ll make recommendations based on years of building retaining walls, and have yours built quickly and painlessly!
Retaining Wall Design
Modular block, or segmental block, retaining walls are very common—in fact you’ve probably seen one in your friend’s or neighbor’s yard! These types of retaining walls consist of masonry units that are placed without mortar and rely on interlocking to prevent sliding and overturning.
Compared to other types of retaining walls, segmental block retaining walls are:
- A cost-effective choice for homeowners
- Available in a variety of sizes, shapes, textures, and colors, providing more aesthetic flexibility
- Long-lasting (they’re resistant to insect damage, rotting, freeze-thaw cycle effects, etc.)
Types of Retaining Walls We Build in Ellicott City
Two of the most common materials used for retaining walls are stone and brick. Stone retaining walls are widely used and complement any yard. Whether you have a limestone, sandstone, or any other stone retaining wall in your Ellicott City yard, it will be durable and perform to your expectations. Brick offers unique beauty and low-maintenance—and brick retaining walls are timeless. We also offer pavers, and can build a custom wall just for your property. It can be functional, aesthetic, or both!
Ellicott City Retaining Walls from Four Seasons
At Four Seasons, we understand that your retaining walls need to do a lot more than look good. We pay special attention to all the details, particularly drainage and freeze–thaw cycles, to make sure your retaining walls will last for years to come.
If you want a retaining wall for your yard in the Ellicott City, Maryland area, contact the professionals at Four Seasons today!