Outdoor Lighting in Columbia, MD
The landscape at your home in Columbia just isn’t complete without outdoor lighting. The right landscape lighting not only increases security and safety in your yard, but it also adds ambience and highlights your beautiful landscape design.
For a landscape design that flows, it’s crucial to install just the right outdoor lighting, and that’s where the specialists at Four Seasons Landscaping come in. We will evaluate your landscape design and—with your vision—come up with a seamless plan to highlight and accentuate your yard.
Contact us online or call (240) 252-4807 today to get started on your landscape lighting project in Columbia!
Types of Landscape & Outdoor Lighting
There are certain types of outdoor lighting that are more popular in the Columbia, MD area. Typically, there are two types of outdoor lighting and landscape lighting: uplighting and downlighting. Uplighting refers to the beam of light shining upward, and downlighting refers to the beam of light shining downward. Some of the most sought-after landscape lighting designs include:
- Pool and hot tub lighting – Typically installed either in-ground in the pool patio or underwater, this landscape lighting adds ambience and a subtle glow to your outdoor festivities.
- Security lighting – This type of outdoor lighting comes in the form of floodlights or other downlighting and can be programmed with motion sensors.
- Tree lighting – Tree lighting can be a mixture of uplighting and downlighting, either for security purposes or to highlight landscape architecture.
- Ground lighting – This uplighting is installed in the ground, either to light up pathways or add a soft glow to your yard.
- Walkway lighting – This type of outdoor lighting can either be installed in the ground or above the ground to make walkways easier to see.
- Lanterns – For an old-world or whimsical charm, add lanterns around your property. These can have motion sensors or be manual.
- Feature lighting – Feature lighting highlights one landscaping feature, either flowers, trees, statues, or water features.
To learn more about the various types of landscape lighting we offer in Columbia, contact us online or call (240) 252-4807 today!
Outdoor Lighting Ideas
At Four Seasons, we work to make sure your landscape lighting integrates smoothly with the rest of your yard’s landscape design, highlighting key landscape elements such as trees and shrubs, as well as walkways. Keep your home landscaping well-lit in the evenings using optimal low-voltage lighting that is energy-efficient and draws attention to the beauty of your home’s property. Aside from just making your property stand out in your Columbia neighborhood, outdoor lighting also helps make sure you and your visitors can navigate around your home with ease and eliminate those dark, shadowy parts of your yard.
Don’t forget the deck and porch lighting! Four Seasons can design deck and porch lighting schemes that flow seamlessly with the rest of your outdoor lighting and landscaping design in Columbia. Do you want recessed deck lighting that is hardly noticeable during the day? How about post deck lighting as both a decoration light source? Whatever type of deck lighting you choose, Four Seasons can design it to maximize the amount of light you get in your backyard.
For more outdoor lighting ideas to use at your home in the Columbia area, call (240) 252-4807 or contact us online today!
Install Outdoor Lighting at Your Home in Columbia, MD
We are specialists in installing low-voltage outdoor lighting that accentuates your property in the evenings while remaining virtually unnoticed during the day. All of our lighting fixtures are durable and made of solid bronze. We have a variety of attractive styles to choose from that will not only enhance the design of your yard, but also add convenience and efficiency!
To schedule a free consultation for your outdoor lighting installation in Columbia, contact Four Seasons Landscaping online or call (240) 252-4807 today!