Retaining Walls in Columbia, MD
Do you have a sloped or hilly yard? Are you looking to build a beautiful outdoor entertaining space? Whatever your reason, a retaining wall can be an excellent addition to your yard space!
At Four Seasons Landscaping, we install custom retaining walls that work to prevent erosion and promote beauty in your landscape. This is just one of the reasons why we’ve been a go-to landscaping company in Columbia, Maryland!
Why Install a Retaining Wall?
There are many reasons to install a retaining wall for your landscape! Retaining walls help to:
- Prevent erosion: retaining walls are designed to support changes in elevation on your property and to prevent soil from slipping.
- Support landscape stability: sometimes builders and landscapers will use retaining walls to help build infrastructural stability around your home.
- Create aesthetic beauty: retaining walls can also be installed for purely aesthetic reasons such as accentuating tiered landscaping.
- Improve the functionality of an outdoor space: retaining walls can provide extra usable space where you can set up an outdoor table and chair set, a swing or even an additional small garden.
Retaining Wall Installation for Hills
Your slope or hill is only as good as your retaining wall, so we pay special attention to the little details, particularly drainage and freeze-thaw cycles, to make sure that your retaining walls will last for years to come.
Not only can you expect a high-quality design from Four Seasons, but our artisans are the best when it comes to installing your retaining walls the right way. We are so confident in the superior quality of our retaining walls that we offer an industry-leading seven-year guarantee.
Schedule your appointment for a retaining wall consultation today! One of our experts will come to your home and have a look at your problem area. We’ll make recommendations based on years of installing retaining walls, and have yours built quickly and painlessly!
Retaining Wall Design
Modular block, or segmental block, retaining walls are very common—in fact you’ve probably seen one in your friend’s or neighbor’s yard! These types of retaining walls consist of masonry units that are placed without mortar and rely on interlocking to prevent sliding and overturning.
Compared to other types of retaining walls, segmental block retaining walls are:
- A cost-effective choice for homeowners
- Available in a variety of sizes, shapes, textures, and colors, providing more aesthetic flexibility
- Long-lasting (they’re resistant to insect damage, rotting, freeze-thaw cycle effects, etc.)
To learn more about installing a retaining wall in your yard, or contact our builders at 240-252-4807!
Types of Retaining Wall Blocks We Use in Columbia
One of the best things about building retaining walls is that the options are almost endless. Retaining walls in Columbia can be designed with a variety of different materials, including versatile and colorful segmented blocks or handsome and rustic natural stone. You can use old railroad ties, natural stone, and even concrete!
- Natural Stone
- And more!
Columbia, MD Retaining Walls from Four Seasons Landscaping
We’ll tackle your retaining wall no matter what kind it is. We’ll work with you to make sure you get exactly what you’re looking for, and also make sure your landscape is fully prepared for the rainy season.
If you want a retaining wall for your yard in the Columbia, Maryland area, contact the professionals at Four Seasons today!