Synthetic Turf Installation in Maryland
Are you tired of brown spots and constant mowing to keep your lawn in shape? Do you tire of paying a high water bill on a lawn you have to constantly maintain? If this sounds like you, you might be an excellent candidate for installing a synthetic turf lawn.
If you want a gorgeous outdoor living space that lasts, you should consider installing synthetic turf, also known as artificial turf or artificial grass. It’s perfect for playgrounds and landscaping, and it never needs maintenance! For a lawn that looks naturally green and fresh year-round, synthetic turf comes highly recommended.
Are you ready to install synthetic turf for your Maryland, Washington, DC, or Northern Virginia home or business? Contact the synthetic turf experts at Four Seasons Landscaping for a quote on your project!
Benefits of Synthetic Turf
Synthetic turf offers a lot of benefits over natural grass, extending far beyond those which may be immediately obvious like the minimal maintenance required, being reliable through draughts or winter, and the absence of weeds, bare spots, and ruts.
If you choose synthetic turf for a location, you also eliminate the risk of grass stains, don’t have to worry about managing light and shade, can choose antibacterial brands to minimize risks to children or pets, and minimize or eliminate puddles. These features make it ideal not only for fields used in sports or play for children, but for dog parks, high-traffic thoroughfares at commercial properties, and a host of other locations.
Synthetic Turf Installation Process
In order to last the longest and look its best, artificial turf needs to be installed correctly. We take pride in our synthetic turf installation projects and work with you from start to finish to make sure your turf is exactly what you wanted.
- Design phase: In the design phase for installing synthetic turf, we meet with you to discuss your project and what your desired outcome is. We also look at the area you want to install artificial turf to determine the soil condition, existing drainage capacity, and existing design elements—and to take measurements of the area.
- Ground preparation: During this phase, we locate any underground irrigation or electrical lines that need to be avoided and determine the best course of action for removing the top layer of soil. We then level the ground and install the base surface, including the drain, level it, and compact it.
- Artificial grass installation: Once the ground is prepared and the base layer is smooth, we will unroll the layer of synthetic turf, trimming it so it fits within the specified design. We then secure the new layer of turf to the ground and apply weather-resistant adhesive.
- Infill application: After the artificial turf is in place, we place an infill material on top, which will settle down on the base in between the blades of grass. The infill helps eliminate pet odor, protect the turf from the elements, and keep the grass fluffy and level.
Install synthetic turf in Maryland, Northern Virginia, or Washington, DC today! Contact our turf installers today to get started.
Synthetic Turf Installation in Maryland, Virginia & Washington, DC
You have a lot of different options when it comes to installing synthetic turf, but if you’re in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, Four Seasons Landscaping is the company to call! Our high-quality polypropylene, sand-filled turf isn’t the only reason we stand out! We offer:
- A variety of services: Four Seasons Landscaping can install synthetic polypropylene turf for a wide range of applications, from backyard putting greens to pet areas and playgrounds.
- Licensed contractors: We are licensed by the Maryland Home Improvement Commission. Our MHIC license is 87579. Our VA Class A license is 2705 139090A and our DC license is 290493.
- Endless design possibilities: We can help you create a design that will best suit your home or business. We are the experts at building functional and aesthetically pleasing putting greens, synthetic playground turf, and artificial turf pet areas—so we’ll help you come up with the perfect layout.
Synthetic Polypropylene Turf Installation in MD, DC & VA
From initial planning to installation, Four Seasons Landscaping will be involved every step of the way and make sure your project goes smoothly. When it comes to synthetic turf installation in Maryland, Washington, DC, and Northern Virginia, Four Seasons Landscaping tops the list!
Contact us today to learn more about synthetic turf and the significant difference it can make for you!
Synthetic Turf FAQs
Is synthetic turf safe for children and pets?
Yes! In fact, synthetic turf can be made with antibacterial materials, which makes is safer for children or pets than real grass, which can carry all manner of pest and parasite.
Can I use synthetic turf for residential lawns?
Modern synthetic turf comes in a variety of forms designed for residential use, but you should be careful to look into local laws, rules of your homeowner’s association, etc. before setting your heart on a synthetic lawn for any residential location. Some may not permit them at all, while others may have specific requirements that you’ll need to meet.
How long will it last?
Most synthetic turf is designed to last between ten and fifteen years without needing attention. Compare that to weekly lawn cutting—not to mention weeding, replacing bare patches, water, and other headaches—and you’ll easily come out ahead in most cases.
Does synthetic turf get hot in the sun?
Certain types of synthetic turf can get quite hot in the sun on a hot day, but if this is a concern you can choose a design made with this problem in mind. Many forms of turf deflect light and remain cool no matter the temperature or sunniness.
Will synthetic turf get rid of pests?
While your synthetic lawn may still see an insect or two here and there, it’s far less appealing to most pests than real grass would be. With no access to dirt, many insects will leave. With no access to edible grass, others will leave, as will small grass-eating animal pests.